Sunday, March 3, 2019

Welcome March

written:  March 01

Photo 335/1001

0335

BEAUTIFUL wolf postcard I received today from Lithuania via Postcrossing. Just gorgeous.

My new aide, Kaitlyn, started today. She is a high schooler and pretty quiet. Then again, the kiddos have been utterly insane this entire week, and all of the staff is just dragging major ass, so I do not blame her for just watching and learning. ::chuckles:: I told her today was just about survival. I will train her beginning Monday. Which, I also need to retrain Christina on how to use ProCare and get her to start doing that part of check in.

And talking to Kaitlyn, she’s planning to stay local once she graduates high school and go to one of the community colleges to get her basics out of the way. So I am a bit more motivated to really train her well as she could be back on my campus next year. That would be so nice, to have three aides return next year. Still not sure if Jess will be, and I won’t know about myself until I graduate and start applying for Library jobs.

Yesterday was the end of LetterMo 2019. I sent out 74 individual pieces of snail mail – letters, postcards, and packages. And I still have people on my list that I haven’t written yet. I want to get everyone written by the end of March (not counting the replies to letters I receive). But I think, considering everything I have going on currently, I did a damn good job this go around. Typing up a standardized introduction letter was friggin’ genius for this. I will certainly keep it for future use – updating it as required. And it would make a good update letter for pen pals that I keep throughout the year.

Crappy, cold weather here right now. So hubs and I decided to order pizza so we did not have to go out in said crappy, cold weather. That seems to be our tradition – if the weather is shitty, we opt to have Dominos delivered. ::chuckles:: We rented Lady Bloodsport on Vudu. Honestly, I didn’t have high hopes for it, but it ended up being pretty good. Not good enough that we will buy the movie, but good enough that we didn’t regret renting it. ::chuckles::

I got started on my Big Paper #2 for the Resource Management class. It shouldn’t be that hard to actually write it. I just don’t WANT to write it. ::chuckles:: It is over a Needs Assessment for a Library and creating one of those. And let me tell you, it is just as exciting as it sounds. Which is to say…not exciting at all. Luckily, I got to sit in on a monthly staff meeting for the F. Library yesterday and got to see their circulation report for all the various sections of the library. So I got photos of that to help with this paper, so that was a major score. Yay for me!

Speaking of the Staff Meeting…holy crap. It seriously was awesome. I got to meet the Assistant Director of the Library and she was just as happy and welcoming and genuine as all of the staff I have met. I seriously wish my After School Program Management team could sit in on one of these staff meetings and learn what it is to create a GOOD culture for your company. AND how to have a productive, non-boring, non-STUPID staff meeting. Because, let me tell you, the monthly staff meetings I have to go to for the after school program? Yeah they suck so bad. Soooooooo bad. And most of the time, aren’t even useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment