Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Doodles and Journals

written: March 11

Photo 345/1001

Inked0345_LI

GORGEOUS mail art on my letter today from my pen pal Sorrow. I am seriously jealous of her artistic abilities.

But I traced a FANTASTIC deer onto her reply letter. ::laughs:: I can’t draw very well, but man, I am the QUEEN of tracing. Once school is done, I will be picking up some How To Draw/Sketch books and giving that a serious go. It is a skill that I seriously want to develop. I want to include little drawings and whatnot in my various journals. And I want to be able to do things like this for my pen pals as well.

Can I just say, “Daylight Savings” sucks? Like, it really sucks. My alarm went off WAY too early for my tastes. But I got my hours done at the F. Library, so that’s really all that matters. Tomorrow is our Curious George event that I’m helping with. I have zero idea how that’s going to go.

Speaking of the F. Library – they gave me a new project. Weeding the Folk & Fairy Tale picture books. ::deep sigh:: Seriously, I’m about fed up with fucking picture books. ::laughs:: But at least I got some solo desk time again, which gave me the opportunity to do some journaling in my physical journal. I’ve color coded the pages with a highlighter (for Practicum notes – as I have to keep a spread sheet of my hours and duties to turn in to my Practicum Professor) and a blue sharpie (for personal entries). It certainly makes it easy to flip to the pages I need.

Which, I want to do the same for my ToK Coven journal. Maybe one color for class notes. Another color for ritual notes. I would also like to set up an index as well, so I can keep track of what I’ve put in the journal. Which means, I need to go through and number all the pages. ::sighs:: I really need a stamp that does that for me automatically. It would make my life SO MUCH EASIER. Or if all journals would just automatically numbered their pages. That would really nice as well. Knowing me, I’m going to mess up somewhere in the numbering of the pages. ::laughs:: I just always do that. Like I have a photo tracker in my BaBuJo (Bastardized Bullet Journal) to help me keep track of my 1001 photos challenge, and it never fails. I always fuck up the numbers for the month somewhere. ALWAYS. Thank god for white out and humor. And given that it’s my BaBuJo, I don’t feel the need to be perfect in it, so it all works out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment