Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Spring in Swing

written: March 18

Photo 352/1001

0352

The Douglas pear trees are absolute rubbish trees and their flowers stink. But man, they are pretty in the spring time. Took this photo while out on a walk with the Josey pup.

A lot of people in the neighborhood are pruning their trees, so I’m out scoping scrap wood. ::chuckles:: I want to make some beaded suncatchers and would prefer to gather up wood that’s been trimmed locally instead of using wooded dowels. I wish I had caught the people who trimmed this super ancient crape myrtle before they got rid of the wood. They had an entire trailer FULL of thick brnaches, and I’m sure I could have come home with the entire trunk of my car and part of the back seat full of amazing finds. ::chuckles::

Then again, it’s probably for the best that I didn’t. I would just hoard all of the wood SOMEWHERE (probably my closet of doom) for a year before I even realistically could start crafting with it. ::chuckles:: Though, if nothing else, it could have been fuel for the fire pit (that we STILL have not used!). There just aren’t enough hours and ENERGY in the days to accomplish all the things I want.

I got some work done on this week’s assignments for the Resource Management class. I have two more “opinion” essays and some reading to do before I can tackle the Big Paper due on Monday. Which, I will be out of town for, as I’ll be doing my yearly check-up with the gyno. I’m sure I’ll get the “all’s clear” again this year, which will make for 9 years cancer free (though, that technically doesn’t happen until October, as that’s when I had the dreaded LEEP procedure to remove it from my cervix). I do plan to talk to my gyno about possibly going every 2 years instead of yearly.

I am so glad that I didn’t have to go to the F. Library this morning. I still need more time to process everything from the ritual last night. And I had forgotten how much a good ritual will wear you out – in a good way. I need the Coven to send out the calendar, that list the class and ritual dates. The sooner the better, so I can get those dates blocked out on my planner to ensure I don’t accidentally make plans that conflict. But the High Priestess is waiting until all the students join the mailing list before sending that information out, so she only has to mail it out once. Which, I get. But I’m a planner and I want that info NOW.

And I forgot to mention that yesterday, David hit the gun range with John (his coworker). John has guns, so they didn’t have to rent from the gun range. They just had to buy ammo before they went – 200 rounds. ::laughs:: I am glad though that he went and hung out with John for a few hours. It got him out of my hair for a few hours before I headed out to class and ritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment