Sunday, March 17, 2019

Chill Saturday

written: March 16

Photo 350/1001

0350

My Mom was sending me all these cute photos of Lil Nephew and Lil Niece. Since David, Josey, and I were all together, watching a movie, I thought I would send her one of us. ::chuckles:: Too bad there isn’t a way to have Leviathan in the photo as well. Then it would have had the whole family together.

Tomorrow is my class and then ritual with the ToK Coven. And I’m starting to get a little nervous about it. But I keep telling myself, I really liked the High Priestess and the Guardian that I met for breakfast and interview. AND Aesa will be there for the ritual. So my lil head just needs to calm the fuck down about it. I will be fine once I’m actually THERE. It’s just the prospect of meeting a group of new people that always raises my anxiety a bit. I’ve decided to wear my Gaboon Viper necklace – in honor of Saint Patrick’s day. I always wear some snake jewelry on that day, because I’m Pagan. Just a little push back on the Saint Patrick legend of him driving all the “snakes” (metaphor for Pagans) out of Ireland. Ooooh, I have the snake hair stick I could wear as well, to keep my hair out of my face. Might have to see how that works with my hair – it’s fine but there’s a lot of it, so generally hair sticks don’t work very well on my hair. I bought it ages ago to use as a wand, but didn’t really care for it in that regard.

Wands apparently have been very, very fickle for me. Let’s see:
First, I had the apple wood wand with an ivy design burned in to it. I gave that one to Mary.
Next was the huge cedar wood and HUGE quartz crystal one. I still have it, but honestly, it’s more of a scepter than a wand. And it’s so difficult to actually use as a wand. I keep going back and forth on this one if I will sell it or not.
Then there’s the eucalyptus carved wand that looks like a snake that I bought from Australia. Yeah, I think I used it maybe twice?
The bone carved snake hair stick one that I mentioned before.
And the deer bone one with a rutilated quartz point that is my current favorite and the one I’ve used the most in all honesty.
I’m just a very fickle witch I guess when it comes to wands.

Athames? I’ve had five that I can recall.
First one was my grandfather’s hunting knife (I did return this to my brother).
Second one was a standard boot knife that I bought at a flea market. I painted the handle black because I was super Wiccan then, and the athame HAD to be a double-edged, black handled knife.
Third one was a beautiful deer bone handled, buffalo horned blade created on a lunar eclipse. I LOVED that athame. I sent it to a guy to make a custom sheath for it, and it was stolen. I am still sad about that to this day.
Fourth one was a beautiful one with an elk antler handle and a hand-knapped blade of ribbon obsidian. I ended up giving that one to Hazel Nut.
And last, is the one I currently have – a massive buffalo horn handled knife with a gorgeous Damascus blade. I love this beast. She’s heavy and powerful, but not so much that it’s a chore to use her.

I like my tools to have a good weight to them, so I know it when I use them. But they can’t be too heavy or I won’t use them. Hence why I do not have a ritual sword. ::chuckles:: I do have a spear with a bone head though. I really need to decorate that object. I’m just not 100% sure on what I want to put on it just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment