Tuesday, March 19, 2019

ToK Coven Class & Ritual

written: March 17

Photo 351/1001

0351

The card I pulled at the first class and ritual with the ToK Coven. It’s from the Wild Unknown Deck. I’m still mulling over its meaning.

I ended up being about 10 minutes late to class. But at least someone came in later than me! ::laughs:: So I’ve made note of how long it takes me and WHERE the house is exactly, so hopefully next class, I won’t be late! Besides, the chair I was sitting in was so unforgiving! My hip was aching by the time ritual rolled around.

I can’t talk a lot about what goes on in the classes and the rituals with the Coven. That is one of the Tenets of Etiquette for the ToK Coven. Respecting privacy and not blabbing everything out there into the world.

But man, when we walked into the ritual house – a “she-shed” made over for ritual use – man, my breath caught in my throat. It was so beautiful. A whole ritual house, lovingly decorated with all manner of beautiful and sacred items. Immediately, I knew I wanted to do something similar to my bedroom where my altar is. Eventually, when we have a larger house with a larger yard, I wouldn’t mind setting up my own ritual house. Seriously, it was just gorgeous. And there were lots of candles lit and fairy lights as well. Just lovely. Seriously lovely. Granted it was a bit crowded with all of the Students (6 of us), the High Priestess, and Coven members (5 of them), but it was still really cool.

We did the feast there in the ritual house, in Circle as well. And I FINALLY got to sample Aesa’s amazing sourdough bread loaf AND sourdough banana bread loaf that I’ve seen all sorts of photos of on FaceBook. And man, it was every bit as amazing as I thought it would be. I seriously may have to try my hand at making sourdough now, because it if turns out half as amazing as Aesa’s bread, then it will still be pretty damn good.

I seriously love this group of women. As corny as it’s going to sound, the whole thing reminded me of the Book of Shadows by Phyllis Curott – which is, hands down, my absolute favorite pagan book. It’s her story of how she got involved in witchcraft and I’ve read it dozens of times and it never fails to inspire me. So yeah, I have a really good feeling about this group. Plus, the High Priestess cusses about as much as I do and has this fantastic rainbow colored hair. What’s not to like? ::laughs::

The only downside from the whole thing – the lady that sat beside me had THE ABSOLUTE worst breath I have ever smelled. Like we weren’t even sitting all that close during class, but anytime she spoke, it was awful. Like AWFUL. But super awesome lady otherwise, so I’m not holding it against her. ::chuckles:: But I won’t be sitting next to her next class if I can help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment