Sunday, March 3, 2019

Crafts: Witch & Otherwise

written:  February 28

Photo 334/1001

0334

Sleepy Josey with her “security bone”. ::chuckles:: She has to pick just the right bone to bring with her to nap in my lap at night. ::laughs:: I love that silly ass dog.

So I ended up doing 7 hours at the F. Library today. The class that was at the last part of the shift I meant to do, ran late, and I stayed to help John A. put away the laptops and mice used for the class, so I was there until 9 pm. BUT, that means I am closing out February with 40% of my Practicum hours completed. Woohoo! Now I just need to update my spreadsheet and send it to my Practicum Professor.

The class I stayed for was on how to use the laser cutter and milling machine at the Library. Sooooooo friggin’ cool! I really want to make some sigils in wood to use in my Craft. And they would make cool gifts for my Pagan friends as well. Just gotta find the right designs and the wood that I want to use. From there, the rest is pretty easy. I will try both the laser engraver and the milling machine to see which look I like better. After that, man, the sky is the limit!

And I had a brilliant idea. The Local Library has an embroidery machine as well as a sewing machine. I want to make a red cloth pouch to put the Red Fast Luck Oil in while it is charging. And I could embroider various money, prosperity, and luck symbols on the pouch in gold thread. How cool would that be? And I would not mind making a pouch/wrap for my wand and my athame. Though I get the feeling that the wand wrap needs to be made of leather, and I am not sure yet if the Local Library’s sewing machines can handle leather. If not, then that will have to be done the old fashion way of needle and thread. Talk about a labor of love there.

I received my email today from the High Priestess. My first class is March 17th at 5 pm. And we are also doing an Ostara/Full Moon ritual after class. And I am expected to have “ritual wear” of some sort that is not street clothing. Eek! For my rituals, I typically wear a black skirt and the black spaghetti top. Which, I mean, eventually this coven does practice certain rituals sky-clad (aka, in the nude), so I guess I should start getting used to being a bit more “exposed” than I usually am. I will probably take my black cardigan just in case I get cold. Though, the top I wear for ritual is not exactly built for a girl as top heavy as I am and the straps really dig into my shoulders. I will probably hit Old Navy and see if I can find another top that will work better and won’t hurt as much. ::chuckles:: I am so excited though.

No comments:

Post a Comment