Sunday, March 10, 2019

Boring Day

written: March 04

Photo 338/1001

0338

My very nice lithium quartz point that arrived today. I do not know why, but I decided to immediately rub it on my forehead. ::smiles:: It is soothing to say the least. It is supposed to be good for sleep, so it will be going on my bedside altar soon.

It was a rather boring day at the F. Library. I finished up weeding the picture books today. Thank god for that. I am so over doing that crap. But then I was only scheduled as “available for desk coverage” after that. And I was not needed for desk coverage. So yeah. Long, boring ass day.

But I get it. They have plenty of librarians that are on salary that they want to use to their fullest potential. And I am basically a volunteer. So of course they are going to give me the “special projects” that nobody else wants. And I also know that some work days are just going to be boring and suck. But damn. It just really sucks that I am giving up my mornings to do this shit, paying for the tolls and whatnot, to be there for FREE and doing boring ass shit. Not to mention the money I have had to spend to upgrade my wardrobe (which had to be done anyways at some point), just to be able to do these free hours.

Do not mind me. I am just being a whiny little brat at the moment. I am tired and burnt out and just really ready for it to be Spring Break already. I am ready for some of this craziness to be put on pause. This semester is just insane. Just nine more weeks and it will all be done. Then I get four weeks of break before I do a week of the End of Program exam. And then I am DONE. I can then start planning my celebration luncheon that will happen once I hear back officially that I’ve been awarded my degree. Then begins the fun of looking for a full time job. It would seriously be nice if I could just slide right in to a full time gig at the F. Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment