Saturday, March 2, 2019

Feathers & Zombies

written: February 27

Photo 333/1001

0333

A close up shot of a gorgeous Kookaburra feather Loree (family) sent me from Australia. Unfortunately, the cockatoo feathers and the rainbow lorikeet feathers were seized by US. Fish & Wildlife. Apparently, they are classified as endangered species and can’t be mailed to the US with a CITES license. Oops! I didn’t even think about them being protected as we can have them as pets here in the US. I just hope it doesn’t get Loree into any trouble. And I’m totally bummed they seized the cockatoo feathers because she had a GORGEOUS, perfect wing feather in there that was massive. It would be have soooooo pretty to put in a frame and hang (which is what I’m planning to do with the other feathers). But apparently kookaburra feathers are just fine, so hopefully I get a few more of those.

I completely forgot that today is the International Polar Bear day. All day I was thinking it was tomorrow. I swear, I barely know if I’m coming or going these days. Needless to say, I did not get the altar set up or do anything ritual yet. Maybe this weekend. ::chuckles:: Seems to be the story of my life.

I did get asked by Kayla (librarian) to help out on a project she’s doing for the teens this summer – a live action choose your own adventure thing centered around the Zombie Apocalypse. I will be reaching out to my LARPer buddies and see if they have any ideas to share. I should definitely ask Kayla when they are doing this (I know it’s sometime late June), because I will certainly love to come help and see how it plays out with the teens. My Practicum hours will be over then – hell, I might even have my degree by that point. But I definitely want to see how it all plays out in the end. And it is certainly something that would be cool to add to my resume to really make it stand out from the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment