Friday, December 21, 2018

Shifting

written: December 20

Photo 264/1001

0264

I remembered to bring home the calendars I made AND got them up on the wall.
It’s 4.5 feet long.
Now I just have to start filling it in.

I’m a lot less rage-y today. I’m still grumpy, but less rage-y. I was sulking around all morning because I just knew today was going to suck because it’s our Winter Party at work, which means CHAOS (in all caps, mind you). And I’m still pissed that they are adding two new kids to my program even though we are already at our cap.

When I was getting ready for work, I just decided to stop being so damn pissy. I decided that by god, I was going to have a good day. And that the kids they were adding to my program were going to be good kids. And that everything was just gonna work out.

And you know what? I did have a good day. The party was chaotic, but it was a good chaotic. It was one of the “calmer” parties we’ve had yet. So that was really good. Megan (previous aide who resigned at the end of November) even came back to hang out with the kids – which totally made their day. And Todd (a previous student) came and hung out and it honestly was just GOOD all around.

So yeah, I’ve really got to shift my thinking. I have a hand in creating my own reality by the way I’ve decided I feel about it. I need to get back into the habit of setting my intentions for the day before I go to work. I really fell off the band wagon with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment