Friday, December 21, 2018

Breaking Point

written: December 19

Photo 263/1001

0263

Little Texas Spiny lizard, desperately searching for some sunshine. It’s not the greatest shot because I really had to zoom in, but I didn’t want to get any closer and scare him off.

I got an email today from our secretary that they are adding TWO new students to my program when we get back from Winter Break. We are already at our cap for enrollment. I emailed her back like “say what?” And she said that it was a special favor to Esmeralda (supervisor) and Kelly (head boss), and that yes they knew I was already at my cap when they approved these two students to join. I was fucking LIVID.

You wanna know how mad I was? I came home and start looking for library jobs because nothing would have made me happier than to give my 2 weeks’ notice and fucking quit. But then I remembered…almost all part-time jobs do NOT have benefits. And there’s no way I can afford my antidepressant without insurance. So, I smoked a cigarette, bitched about it all to my husband, and cooled back down.

All I can say is that they don’t understand what they are fucking with right now. I’m a deeply loyal person. But push a loyal person to their breaking point, and we become the most dangerous individuals. So yeah, I’ll do my job. I’ll do my job to the best of my abilities, no matter what shit they throw my way. but, I won’t be carving up my free time to get those library hours. I will honor my after school time to the extent that it doesn’t negatively impact my paycheck. But the cool things the library is doing that occur during the after school hours? Yeah, I’ll go to those. Because in the end, I’m leaving this damn job as soon as I can land a full time job in a library. So I need to do the things that will make me that much more appealing to those hiring at the libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment