Friday, December 7, 2018

A Damn Good Day

written: December 06

Photo 250/1001

0250 

Found this little feather waiting for me when I pulled the Recycling Bin back up to the house.

0250b

It’s from a Ruby Crowned Kinglet bird – had the pleasure of watching one yesterday for a good 30 minutes while Josey just sniffed around the yard.

I had my interview today with the F. Public Library, and Jennifer was just as awesome and enthusiastic in person as she was over email. And given that this is one of the busier libraries with a LOT of cool things that other libraries in the STATE do not have, I went ahead and accepted this practicum position on the spot. Hell, they have a “Book Esspreso” machine, that allows you to print your own book with a full-color cover, JUST LIKE A STANDARD PAPERBACK that you would buy at the book store!!!! How friggin’ cool is that???? And she said the machine is clear, so you can watch it all as it happens. So you KNOW I am going to go play with that machine for damn sure during my Practicum hours. I’ll also get trained on their three 3D printers and their wire-bender (it’s like a 3D printer, but uses wires instead?). I get to set my own hours as a Practicum – I just have to email her 2 weeks in advance and let her know what I’ll be working. And I’ll be trained all over the library. I’m seriously stoked.

My Full Moon witch box from Inked Goddess Creations arrived today and it’s so friggin’ awesome. I’ll do a photo entry over it when it gets closer to the full moon. All I can say is that I want to buy a dozen of the candle they sent – it smells so good!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it is going to be awesome...so help me this is a paid internship right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, no. The Practicum is unpaid. But it's only 120 hours total, so nothing too terrible.

      Delete