Sunday, March 5, 2017

YT Pagan Challenge: Week 7

written: March 4th

Photo from today:

alt text

Apparently, Josey believes I make quite the comfortable place to recline. ::laughs::

Continuing on with the 2017 YouTube Pagan Challenge Questions (in an attempt to get caught up!)…

Week 7: Charging and consecrating your tools – which methods work best for you?

Hmmm, I typically do the “standard” cleansing with sage (to banish any negative energy the item may have) and then with sweetgrass (to call in good energy). Then, in ritual, I bless it with the four elements (earth, air, fire, and water). I present it to Deity and state my intent with it. And then I speak to the item itself, setting down the bond between us. I try to re-bless and cleanse my tools once a year. There’s all sorts of energetic crap they can pick up over time, so I feel once a year is a good time to sage and sweetgrass the items back down. Outside of that, I tend to just “listen” to the item. Some need to be cleansed more often.

Others, seem to fade away. Like my wand. Man, aesthetically, she’s beautiful and I adore her. But actually using her in ritual? It’s a no go. It all feels off. Horribly off. Maybe she needs a deep cleansing and a completely new dedication? I may make that the focus of my Ostara ritual. Normally I would do that on a full moon…but this wand…she’s feeling more sun and fire aligned at the moment. ::shrugs:: If nothing else, it’s worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment