Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Stop

written: March 20th



Photo of the Day:

alt text

I don’t think Josey quite grasps how a selfie works……

Late night entry:

I had forgotten how taxing it is to be Connected, to be in Touch.
I find myself utterly exhausted long before my day is done.
I find myself disConnecting. Like wanting nothing more than to clap my hands over my ears to drown out the Noise. Clenching my eyes tightly closed to block out the Sight. And I’m not just talking about Spiritual Matters.

I am wrung out with all the Call To Arms. And don’t get me wrong. They are all truly worthy causes and I wish I could take up arms and battle for each and every single one of them.

But there are so many. Environment, Education, Women’s Rights, Reproductive Rights, Affordable Health Care, LGBTQ Rights, Religious Freedom, Anti-(insert whatever hate group is being the loudest at the moment), Immigrant Rights, Anti-Stupid-Ass-Wall, Rooting out Political Corruption, Stopping the Dakota Access Pipeline, Knowing if Russia Tampered with our Goddamn Election, Stop Fucking Poking North Korea for fuck’s sake, and don’t even get me started on the fucking Narcissist ManBaby Mr. President Angry Tangerine muthafucka, and all the horrible shit he’s doing on a minute-to-minute basis.

It just needs to stop. I’ve got to stop. My brain and heart and spirit are on overload and are burnt the fuck up. Let me catch my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment