Friday, March 10, 2017

Thankful Thursday 10

written: March 9th

Photo for today:

alt text

Apparently I am a comfortable headrest. ::chuckles::

I am thankful…
1. I’m halfway through writing my midterm paper. I’ve made it through the oh-so-boring copyright section of the paper and am now on to the more interesting “issues with selection and censorship of digital collections”.
2. Amber is finally off my campus. I wish her the best, but I am so fucking glad she’s gone.
3. MoonTime is over and done with. I need to do some research into the Red Tent and other menstrual-positive ideas. I’m going to be menstruating for a NUMBER of more years, so I might as well find a positive spin to put on it.
4. Doing a little Spring Cleaning on my FaceBook page – had to cull out a “meninist” from my friend’s list. He commented on a photo I shared of a lil old lady swinging her purse to hit a Nazi in the head, stating that if I were to resort to violence, that would make me just as bad. In his words, attacking a Nazi would make me just as bad as a Nazi. Are you fucking kidding me? Yeah, kicked that shit to the curb and haven’t looked back.
5. That next week is Spring Break. I am so fucking ready.
6. Finally have Ricky on my campus. He was one of my first after school students in this program so it’s kind of cool and humbling all at the same time that he’s now working for me.
7. My awesome, mostly comfortable bed. And the fact that I don’t have to share it with my husband. ::laughs:: I’m a very restless sleeper, so I would only keep us both up most of the night if we did have to share a bed.
8. That Holly’s tree (the rocket red crape myrtle) is finally leafing out. I was a little concerned that it didn’t survive the various freezes we had, but I’m glad all that worrying was for nothing. I can’t wait to see its awesome blossoms later on in the season.
9. My rose bush from Paula is doing very well. The two blossoms I photographed a while back are looking like they are getting ready to bloom soon. And I’ve spotted a ton of others just starting to pop up.
10. That my essential oil vials finally showed up, even after the postman delivered them to the wrong house and they were MIA for five whole days before mysteriously turning up in my mailbox (one that only the postman can get in to…but it happened between mail deliveries, so I have no explanation). Now I can get the various samples put into far more useful vials. And I plan to make up some samples for Brandy and send them her way soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment