Sunday, March 5, 2017

Masquerade

Photo for today:

alt text

My fantasy Harpy Eagle Mask that was made for me by Brenda Lyons back in 2012.

Annie, damn it girl! I need you to come down to Texas on April 30th. One of the local Pagan chapters is hosting a Beltane Masquerade. Hence the photo of the Harpy mask. Now I just gotta figure out the REST of the costume! ::laughs:: Annie, that’s where I need your help!

Damn, I wish Hazel Nut hadn’t gone AWOL. I’d get her to take to me to the local thrift stores and help me pick out a suitable outfit while keeping the price reasonable! This is something I have ZERO skill in doing.

Would it be terrible of me to purchase an Abaya to wear? Or, I guess a better question would be, would it be horribly offensive if I purchased an Abaya (or two or three) to use as ritual robes for my Pagan rituals? Mean, the Abayas I’m looking at are BEAUTIFUL. And I like that they are flowy material and cover everything (aka, are “modest”). And they are so reasonably priced. Or maybe something along the lines of the “Fancy Kaftans” for the masquerade?

Actually, I found this open front Abaya that I really like:

alt text

But the shop is in the UK, so there’s no telling what the shipping cost and time would be.

Maybe I should see if Jen K could make me one? And if so, what she would charge me? And that way I could bring the Harpy mask to her and she could pick out the perfect colors…. I’m terrible at coordinating shit. ::laughs::

Yeah, I think I’ll go with that option. If Jen can’t make it in the time frame I need, maybe then I’ll contact the UK shop and see what my options there would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment