Thursday, June 13, 2019

Witchery

written:  June 12

Photo 438/1001

0438

I spent some of my downtime today taping up the moose antlers. David will paint them this weekend for me. If you can’t tell, they will be painted with the moon phases. What is white right now will be painted black. And what is blue (painter’s tape) now will be white. It really took WAY too much time to wrap my head around that and to get the tape put on correctly. ::laughs:: But I’m hoping it turns out at least as half as good in person as I’m visualizing at the moment. David was kind enough to drill them yesterday so we could screw the eyelets in. And it’s a good thing I bought another set of eyelets. Quite a few of them broke! I hadn’t factored in the hardness of the antlers to the equation. Oops! ::laughs:: Oh well, we got it done eventually.

What else to report about? I picked up a few more mini-pine cones on the walk with Josey-pup today. I even found two that were maybe HALF as large as the one I photographed yesterday. They will be perfect to use in spell bottles as these teeny tiny pine cones will actually FIT inside the bottles. ::laughs::

I ventured out to Hobby Lobby because the notepad I write my pen pals on is getting low. I also picked up some sealing wax – I didn’t even know they carried it until I randomly stumbled across it. So woohoo for that! And I found this cool locket:

20190612_134901

I didn’t buy it…yet….but I plan to in the future. It will be perfect to make into a spell locket. This photo that was posted on FB a few days ago is serving as major inspiration:

locket

It was created by the Poisoner’s Apothecary. Here’s what they wrote about this amulet:
“This apotropaic Charm intended for supreme protection and personal fortification. It contains Mandrake root for potency and chthonic power, Belladonna Berry the Devil’s herb, Henbane flower to soothe the living and feed the spirit, Devil’s Shoestring for protection, Crow claw and snake skin/vertebrae spirit familiars, an antique nail for defense, labradorite to seal the aura, and Dragons Blood to potentiate.” 

I certainly have plenty of snake skin around thanks to Leviathan that I could possibly use in it. But beyond that, I don’t have any real plans as to what I would use it for.

And I picked up a jar so I can try my hand at making Rose Infused Witch Hazel soon. My rosebush is doing quite nicely so I should have enough rose petals later on to make a batch.

Other than that, my day is just dominated by the blasted End of Program Exam essays. I have the rough drafts all written and printed out. So starting tomorrow, I will polish and edit and edit and polish and try NOT to go completely insane before turning them in.

I have been practicing ZERO self-restraint with my vices this week. I am pretty sure, I’m running 100% on coffee, nicotine, and chocolate at this point. Man, when this week is over and I have to go back to work, that detox is gonna SUCK. But for now, it’s fueling me and it’s full steam ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment