Monday, June 24, 2019

Rethinking Goals

written:  June 23

Photo 449/1001

0449

The crape myrtle David planted in Holly-dog’s memory is FINALLY blooming. It’s super late this year in blooming. But then again, I swear it’s grown a TON. I’ll need to do some research soon on when and how to properly prune a crape myrtle, as I think it’s finally getting to that point. I’ll also need to do the same for the rose bush. She’s going crazy and had a big growth spurt as well. All the rain has make the bulk of my plants happy.

The spinach and green onions have pretty much died off. Apparently spinach requires a lot of tending, which I didn’t know and thus didn’t do. Maybe next year! ::chuckles::

Long drive home, but it’s good to be home. We did dinner at the Cracker Barrel and then picked up Josey-pup from Doggy Camp. ::smiles:: She was so happy to be home.

I’m setting up my new BaBuJo (my Bastardized Bullet Journal) – finally get to start a new journal for that. But I got to looking at the goals I had made on my birthday to be accomplished by November 10th of this year…and yeah. I’m feeling pretty damn uninspired. Quite a few of them, unless I won the lottery tomorrow, there’s no way I can accomplish them this year. And nothing is worse than a list of goals that just make you feel shitty. So I’m scrapping them and will come up with a short list of goals to hopefully accomplish by my birthday.

And honestly, while I like the concept behind my birthday goals (I make 1 goal for every year old I am; so 37 years old = 37 goals). But I rarely accomplish more than HALF. ::chuckles:: So I’m thinking of cutting it back and making like 10 goals or less. A couple of crazy ones that really push me to achieve them, and then the rest to be reasonably achievable. ::chuckles:: So now, I just need to come up with some new goals. I want to write those in the front of the BaBuJo, before I set up for July. So I kind of need to get cracking on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment