Friday, June 7, 2019

Migraine of Doom

written: June 06

Photo 432/1001

0432

A new rose from the second round of blooming the rosebush is currently doing. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, as a number of the blossoms never open fully and look almost charred/burnt? I am currently treating the rosebush for blackspot. I’ve set up reminders in my planner to do that every month for the next few months or until the blackspot clears up. But even with all that going on, I still get some truly gorgeous blossoms from her.

Wow for an all-day horrible migraine. It started up at 3 am. I emailed the Techs to let them know I would not be coming in to work. It was so bad that I couldn’t stay in my room because it wasn’t pitch black. So the darkness I did have in there seemed only to amplify the brightness of the light that did appear in the room. So sleeping downstairs in the living room that was semi-light was actually less painful. It was so bad, that even the sound of my own breathing hurt my head. No nausea, so I’m deeply grateful for that.

I mentioned on Facebook that I guess I’ll be investing in three sets of black out curtains – One for the only window in my room, One to cover my bedroom door (as there is a window right outside of it), and One to cover my bathroom door (as there is a window in there). Carmen (a LARP buddy from back in the day) inquired about a sleeping mask. Wow. So much cheaper and EASIER to try out, though I’m not sure how my head will react to the pressure. But fuck, man, I’ll give it a try. Plus I have an Amazon giftcard, so it’s not like it even cost me a dime. Now I may have to get a mini-frig to put in my room so I can keep it cold, but we’ll see how it works out. I am still planning to get black out curtains for my window. I’m so redneck right now – it’s covered by a blanket. ::laughs::

Tomorrow the End of Program exam opens. I’ll get to see what 10 questions they are posing to us, and I’ll pick the 3 that I think I can do the best job on answering. ::chuckles:: I am flat out forbidden to say anything beyond that about the questions. And I will not do a damn thing that could possibly jeopardize my getting this damn degree. I’ve put too much blood, sweat, and tears (a LOT of tears) into getting it to fail here at the finish line.

The migraine finally lifted around 8 pm, right as the rainstorm broke. I swear, I get migraines leading up to a storm, but as soon as it fucking rains, I’m good. Might have to start petitioning the Harpies for rain when I get hit with migraines.

I got the arrowhead ordered for the god representation artwork I’m doing (Coven-required) and then ahead and ordered another one for Sekhmet (because the shipping was so high on the one item, but went up very little for the second item – might as well take advantage of that). And I ordered the green beads for the god project as well. So now I’m just waiting for all of that to arrive. I’ll get David to drill the necessary holes in all the antlers I’ve amassed for the Goddess and God projects. Then I get to start piecing everything together. Really, the drilling is the major hurdle. Once that’s done, and all the supplies are here, the projects will be completed pretty swiftly.

No comments:

Post a Comment