Saturday, June 29, 2019

Friday

written:  June 28

Photo 454/1001

0454

I received this lovely card from family down south. And by “south” I mean Australia. ::chuckles:: It is a lovely card, congratulating me on getting my Master’s degree and cheering me on for the next step in my life.

Just sucks that I am STILL here, waiting to hear if I passed the End of Program exam. Every time the anxiety rears up to worry about anything, I just tell it that the reason I have not heard anything yet is because my essays were SO DAMN AMAZING the board wants ALL of the professors to read them. ::chuckles:: It shuts the anxiety up for a bit. So I just keep on doing it.

I have decided to go a different route with the god art piece. The antler art piece I wanted to do is just going to require a LOT more time and effort than I currently have, so that is getting pushed back. I will complete it at some point, just not right now. I picked up a wood cutting of a buck at Hobby Lobby today. I plan to paint it, and do some sort of bead dangle thing from it. It will be a smaller piece, but should turn out quite nice with a FRACTION of the work. Which is good, because I have to do a show-n-tell on SUNDAY of both the goddess and god art work. ::chuckles::

Man, I put the PRO in procrastinator in ALL levels of my life.

In other news, Esmeralda (my supervisor at the after school program) FINALLY got back to me about the binder idea I pitched back in mid-May. She wanted to know if Jess (my amazing aide) and I would be willing to work on that this summer. So I text Jess, but she is busy with all the exams she has to pass for her teaching certificate. So I text Emily H. (amazing sub we get), to see if she would be interested, but she is busy with house things all summer. So it looks like I will be on my own. Not that I truly mind, to be honest, but I figured those two would have great input that would be valuable. ::shrugs:: AND Esmeralda also emailed me about the documentation class I usually do during Orientation. So I need to figure out when I will be working on those two topics now (documentation and the binder). Hopefully, they are open on Fridays, so I can just go in and get some extra hours – the Tech Job doesn’t work Fridays.

And with as pitiful as this paycheck was, I need all the extra hours I can get! I mean, I knew it would take a hit due to me taking a week off to do the End of Program exam…but DAMN. This really hurt. Thank goodness I have a savings account or I would be seriously screwed right now. All the more reason to get a library job as soon as I know I’ve passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment