Monday, June 24, 2019

Cardinal

written:  June 20

Photo 446/1001

0446

My Mom sends me the coolest stuff. ::laughs:: She did also include partial wings, but given that they still have some flesh attached, I figured most people would not be interested in seeing that. Sad that one of the neighborhood cats got a cardinal, but she thought I would like the feathers. I will need to dry out the wings (probably use salt to help dehydrate the flesh). Luckily there isn’t a lot of flesh still attached, so it shouldn’t be too big of an undertaking.

Ah, finally a day with no one at the house! It was so nice to come home at lunch and have the place to myself. Don’t get me wrong. I adore my husband. And I am happy to have the new stove put in and the AC checkup. But still…I am grateful for a quiet house. Plus, tomorrow, we have a guy coming to replace the outside faucet. Yay. ::deep breath:: But after that, we should be done for a little while on home repairs and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment