Saturday, June 1, 2019

All the Quirks

written:  May 31

Photo 426/1001

0426

A gorgeous crystal lotus candle holder I picked up at Tuesday Morning earlier today. The crystal petals are tinted a steel blue color, which immediately made me think of the Harpies. And I found a pack of gray Thunder Storm scented tea lights (also for the Harpies) that smell AMAZING. AND I found a lightly tinted gray glass bottle with a wood stopper – ALSO for the Harpies. I plan to put either rain water in it or small bones and trinkets for them. So yeah, those Harpies are QUITE spoiled now. ::chuckles::

I checked the tracking on the moose antler slices – I might actually get them tomorrow! And the rosary chain (coming from China) is currently in Chicago. So I might actually get this art project done by mid-June. Woohoo!

I accepted the invitation to the End of Program exam “class” on Canvas (the online portal for the college) today. Talk about some serious panic starting to set in here. ::chuckles:: So I will definitely take advantage of the various workshops they have in there right now, so I can be as best prepared as I can be for the exam. T minus 6 DAYS until I get to begin working on the EOP exam. Hence some of the panic.

Sooooo today, Lowe’s delivered our new oven (our current one is slowly dying). They were supposed to remove the old oven and install the new one. Well….nothing is that damn simple with this fucking house. Apparently our old stove is BUILT into the house. ::sighs:: So yeah, now we have to hire a handyman to remove the old stove and install the new one. So for now…we have our new stove, still in its box, hanging out by the stairs. Oye. And here I had plans to cook sausage balls in the new stove this weekend. Guess I won’t be doing that. But of course it’s something crazy that has to be done to get the stoves swapped out. Don’t get me wrong – I do enjoy our home. But everything is just a little extra quirky it seems. ::chuckles:: Which, I wouldn’t have an issue with, except that it translates into extra work and extra MONEY to do simple things. ::shakes her head:: So we have no idea WHEN we’ll actually get our new stove put in.

I just realized today that I never finished uploading the photos I took back in January at the Falconry Expo in my little hometown to my DeviantArt account. THAT just goes to show how friggin’ crazy this past semester has been, as I got some STELLAR shots. ::chuckles:: So I’ll be working on slowly uploading those to my DA account and then to the various photography groups I’m a member of on there. But I definitely miss doing my photography. I can’t remember the last time I went to the local zoo even. And of course, now that I have the free time to do so, it’s already hitting the 90 degree weather. ::shakes her head::

No comments:

Post a Comment