Monday, June 24, 2019

Solstice Things

written:  June 21

Photo 447/1001

0447

My Solstice tarot reading for today’s Summer Solstice. I used my beloved Spirit Animal Oracle. I friggin’ ADORE this deck so much. And the messages it gave me were much needed and much appreciated.

So the plumb came by today to look at the outside faucet. ::sighs:: Of course it isn’t going to be quick and easy fix, because nothing is EVERY quick and easy with this fucking house. The outside faucet is soldered on and is quite possibly the original faucet for the damn house. ::sighs:: So they need to cut a hole, un-solder the current faucet, solder on a male/female socket, and then screw on a new faucet. Then fix the hole somewhat. All to the tune of about $700. ::grumbles:: David is, of course, SUPER grumpy about that. I mean, he did just shit $1,100 on Wednesday to get the oven installed. I figure I’ll pay for this (since he’s footed the bill for everything else already).

So, I did a bit of research and decided to bury the cardinal wing in a TON of salt. That should dry it out completely in a few weeks and then I can figure out what I’m going to do with it. I’m thinking of adding it to my Ancestor Altar (that I’m in the process of making) – it would go on Pop’s side of the section. I’ll have to make sure to have plenty of room between the feathers and anything for my grandmother, as she HATED feathers. ::chuckles::

I also went ahead and FINALLY put the rose petals into a jar and covered them with witch hazel to begin making the rose infused witch hazel. I mean, it’s not like it’s hard or anything. I just haven’t had a quiet moment to myself for a while now to actually DO it. So, that’s steeping in my closet currently – it needs to be in a cool, dark place. I will strain out the rose petals in a week and probably add more rose petals, just to boost the infusion. And then I’m going to use it as a toner on my face. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment