Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Blah Day

Photo 305/1001

0305

Some mail I received today from UNT. I’ll keep it for use in my art journals, but I’ll find something else to spend hundreds of dollars on rather than a class ring, thanks! ::laughs::

I had a mostly boring day at the F. Library. I spent an hour and a half on my “special project” of weeding out crappy/nasty/broken picture books. I’m close to finishing my FIRST half of a bookcase. Only like 20 more full bookcases to go! ::rolls her eyes:: But this should translate over very well to my Resource Management class assignments later on in the semester and it IS chipping away at the total required hours for the Practicum. So I’ll just keep on trucking. I sat in on the baby story time again. Not sure why. It was pretty similar to the last one – they just did a different book. And then I was sent down to the 1st floor for a more in-depth tour on the maker space. I seriously want to try out some of those machines at some point soon. ::chuckles::

Esmeralda (my supervisor) came out to campus for a bit. She needed to pick up the W-2 form for Megan (previous aide). And I figured while she was out on campus, I could get her to help with a pair of girls who are super “frenemies”. I’m seriously sick of their bullshit. So are their classroom teachers (whom I’ve talked to a couple of times already this year). And the school counselor doesn’t have much to offer other than what she’s been doing. So as of right now, I’ve banned them from playing together, reading together, anything of that sort during my after school program.

No comments:

Post a Comment