Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Witchy Stretching

Photo 282/1001

0283

A candle for a friend.

David called in sick to work as his allergies are kicking his ass seven ways to Sunday currently. So that meant, I got to sleep in! Well, sort of. ::chuckles:: The neighbor had his bass going at 8 am. ::sighs:: But luckily that was over by 8:30, so it was nice to then sleep in until 10 am instead.
Then it was up for a lively discussion on energy vampires and what to do about them. Seriously, I love discussions that really stretch my witch brain and have me tossing together a spell unique to the situation. And even better, when it syncs up with what the other person’s spirit guides have been telling her. She actually has all the components already at hand…picked up the mirrors yesterday actually. ::chuckles::

Work was fun. ::sarcasm here:: Internet and phones were still down until around 4:30. I opted to not use our electronic attendance at all today. We just stuck with the paper rosters that the parents had to physically sign their name to and scanned and emailed yesterday’s roster and today’s roster at the end of the day. Hopefully, this means the internet issue has been completely resolved so that tomorrow we can go back to using the electronic attendance. That way I can also begin training Christina on it. I talked to Jess (my current 2nd in command) and got her take on how Christina is working out thus far and we are on the same page with her right now. There are just a few things I need to bring her up to speed on, but I do not foresee that being an issue.

My Practicum Supervisor emailed me back approving all of my hours for this month. My first day will be an orientation with her. After that, for this month I will be observing the various story-times the library does and shadowing the staff in the youth department. Hopefully when I am there in the evening next Thursday, I can get over to see them to the laser cutter demonstration. ::grins:: That is what I really want to see and is the main reason I am taking off of work to be there that evening. I have a few paid days off still, so it is not going to harm my paycheck. Plus next week I have the CPI training. That will add a LOT of extra hours to my paycheck. It is going to SUCK working 11+ hours that day, but it will be a NICE boost to the paycheck. And it will make me look good in my bosses’ eyes…so yeah, I’m going to suck it up and do it.

Seems this is going to be my semester of “sucking it up” and “just doing it”. It is going to be a hella busy, between two classes, a job, and the practicum hours. But I should have most of the hours done by the time I start my classes with the Coven.

No comments:

Post a Comment