Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Goals

Photo 291/1001

0291

My LetterMo stickers have arrived. So now I’m all set for when February rolls around and I can start my LetterMo month in earnest. ::chuckles::

I’ve gotten the last two assignments due this week done and turned in. And I’ve already gotten my grades back on those two assignments. ::chuckles:: I’m rocking a 4.0 in the Information Resources Development class. I am doing my best to set a good standard for myself right out of the gate here. I just hope I can continue this level of enthusiasm…or at least fake it until I make it! ::laughs::

I have to come up with at least three learning objectives/goals for my practicum. I have submit those to the Professor by next Friday. ::rolls her eyes:: I hate doing those. Like seriously, I just want to learn anything and everything I possibly can at the F. Library to make me a very well-rounded librarian, so that I can hopefully have a high chance of getting hired as soon as I graduate (if not sooner). What’s wrong with that? But oh no, we are encouraged to have some lofty ass goal. Man, I have ZERO desire to be a library president. I just want a job I enjoy, coworkers I enjoy, and to make a decent living so I can go do the photography and the traveling that I desire. ::chuckles::

My lofty goals and dreams have zero to do with my career. I honestly could care less about upward movement in my career. Instead, I want a solid, stable job that pays well and affords me the time to pursue my Coven, my spirituality, and my hobbies. Oh, and that has good health insurance and retirement. ::chuckles:: So yeah, needless to say, I need to put some thought and research into “appropriate” practicum goals and submit them by next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment