Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Sunset

written:  January 28

Photo 303/1001

0303

Beautiful sunset I got to see from my front yard because I came home early from work. Originally, it was so I could attend a DIY Journal class at the local library. But honestly, I realized how much homework I had to do, so instead, I stayed home and did that. I only have 6 more pages to read of the three chapters. Then I can get started on the 2 assignments due for the Resource Management class on Friday.

I am still trying to figure out what my other two Practicum Objectives will be. I have no friggin’ clue. ::sighs:: I have a feeling that I’m just going to have to make some stuff up and just roll with it for the semester. I’m just glad I was smart enough to redo my schedule and do my best to keep most of my library hours to just 9 hours a week. But there are two weeks in February that I do a week of 14 hours and another week of 11 hours. But after that, it will be back to just 9 a week. Hopefully, that will allow me enough time to do my classwork plus still having some downtime.

While I was at work today, I started working on punching out paper hearts. I’m modifying an idea I saw on Facebook a while back. The meme states for every day between February 1st and February 14th, the parent is to write something they love about their child and tape it to their door. So instead, I’ve divided up my students between me and my staff – and my goal is for the staff to write one thing they like about that particular student. On February 13th, I will hang all the hearts up for the kiddos to see. And then February 14th, they will get to take them home. I am hoping that maybe this will be a bright spot for some of the kids that might just need it. plus, it will help encourage my staff to reach out and get to know some of the students that might fall between the cracks. I don’t expect my staff to be bffs with every single one of the 72 students in the program. But I can expect them to be on good terms with 13 or 14 kiddos. I did make sure to get a good mix of kiddos they are already on good terms with and ones they aren’t. I’ll be giving them their lists and their hearts tomorrow to begin working on. Hopefully we can get that all done and ready to go before the 13th. And depending on how well it goes over, it may go into the binder of ideas to do.

Jess mentioned today that she may end up being back next semester as well. With the amount of tests she has to do before mid-May, and the way they space everything out, she may not be able to get them all done in time to begin student teaching in the Fall. If so, then she’ll be back at the after school program until she can do her student teaching in the Spring. I did inquire if she had thought about being a campus leader that semester. It would give her an added pay bump. And if I am not coming back in the Fall, I would certainly feel so much better about it if she were leading the campus for a bit. But, if I can’t get a full time library job, then I plan to stay at the after school program and get a part time library job. I cannot afford to lose my health insurance. So until I can get a full time (and benefits) job, I will hold onto the after school gig. I just really hope I can get a full time library job and not have to do that. But it’s always good to have a backup plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment