Thursday, January 17, 2019

Migraine

Photo 292/1001

0292

This month’s wolf on my wolf calendar. Black wolves hold a very special place in my heart.
Holy hell. I’ve been nursing a damn headache all damn day that’s been trying to develop into a migraine. For most of the day, it’s felt like someone punched me in both eyes. My orbital bones have ACHED all day and felt swollen. Honestly, I should not have gone in to work today. But then again, since the neighbor is getting new fence installed, it’s not like I would have had peace and quiet here at the house to recover. The nail guns (yes that’s plural on purpose) probably would have just made it worst. And the kiddos were actually pretty good and more quiet than usual today, so it wasn’t awful at work. Thank the lord for small miracles.

This one I’m pretty sure is triggered by the incoming front we have. Tomorrow it’s supposed to drop 30+ degrees with a storm. Yeah, we’re going from 60 degree weather to 30 degree weather in the span of a few hours tomorrow. ::shakes her head:: That is going to SUCK so bad. But as soon as the front actually gets here, I’ll have relief, so I’m looking forward to that.

Amanda J. (a pen pal) mentioned in her last letter that one of her goals for 2019 is to learn the Tarot. And I had just gotten two different Tarot journaling PDFs. Seems like it was meant to be. So I’ve made copies of both and will be mailing those out to her along with a reply letter soon. I want to get a rigid letter sized envelope to mail it all to her so I don’t have to fold it up a thousand times. I stopped at Walmart on my way home today (yes with a raging headache) and was sorely disappointed they didn’t have one. Guess I’ll grab one from the post office tomorrow. And I need to bottle up some of the Red Fast Luck Oil and get that ready to mail to Annie (journaling buddy). AND I bought a copy of Scott Cunningham’s Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner for a Wendy (a pen pal) today as well. So as soon as that arrives, I’ll get that in the mail to her. Look at me, being so generous and helpful. Guess I’m not nearly as cold-hearted as I claim. Then again, I’ll go to the ends of the earth for those I consider part of my Pack. Non-pack members? Not so much. ::chuckles::

I was hoping to go to the zoo this weekend, but the weather is supposed to go to complete and utter shit starting tomorrow, so that’s now off the table. Guess I’ll just hang around the house and try not to go too stir crazy. I do need to work on my 3 practicum goals, as those are due next Friday. Talking those over with Jess (my awesome aide), she tossed out a few ideas on how to word my goals so that they sound better. ::laughs::

Sometimes, I seriously wish I could just be normal. I could just do what’s expected, no questions asked. It’s rather that I wish I could be a sheep again, instead of wolf, but school would be so much easier if I could be. Hell, work would be so much easier if I could just be a damn sheep. But once a wolf – there’s no way to be a sheep again.

No comments:

Post a Comment