Thursday, January 3, 2019

Honoring Ghosts

Photo 278/1001

0278

Jimmy John’s BBQ chips. So damn delicious. ::chuckles::

Well the ice and sleet and snow we were promised never manifested. But damn, we have gotten a shit ton of rain. And it’s cold (at least in Texas terms, it’s cold). And Brandy is apparently getting some minor flooding in her area of Louisiana as well. Joked that if I had come down, we’d have to use a boat to get around. Still really sucks that I had to miss out on that trip.

The Journal Swap just got a bit bigger. One of the new journaling buddies asked if she could join in. I figured since our mail out date isn’t until next Friday, she would have plenty of time to get ready. So we’ve added Leida into the swap. It just adds another layer to the rounds, which means the swap will last longer. This one, teamed up with the fact that Sharmila lives overseas, which adds on another time delay, this swap may end up lasting all year. ::smiles:: I kind of like the idea of that. My journal will go from Texas, to Bahrain, to Indiana, to Pennsylvania, up to New York, and then back home.

I did day two of the yoga challenge. Still very much a challenge. But I like it. I relish the challenge. And typically Angie (another journaling buddy) posts about her completing that day’s challenge long before I get to it. It seriously motivates me to do it then. Because today, I was seriously dragging ass. I just wanted to head back to bed and sleep. But after Angie posted that she had finished today’s round, and with Josey not wanting to let me sleep in the chair, I opted to just go ahead and get it done. I was worried this session would make my shoulders even more tight (they’re tight from yesterday’s workout), but today’s workout really hit the legs hard. Those warrior poses are no joke! ::chuckles:: I am just happy the time durations for the next round of challenges aren’t going to be nearly as long as the first two days.

Wolf Park posted today that Wolfgang passed away back on December 28th. He’s one of the wolves I got to interact with on my first trip up to Wolf Park and it just breaks my heart that he’s gone. I’m sad that I wasn’t able to get back up there to see him again. that’s the sucky part of animals…they typically don’t live as long as humans, so we have to deal with their loss over and over throughout our lifetime. It’s one of the reasons I think I am so hesitant to go back to the Exotic Animal Sanctuary – almost all of the cats I knew and loved have passed on. It’s hard to go to places that I know are going to be haunted with the ghosts of those I’ve loved and lost. I don’t think I can handle seeing a new cat hanging out in Bruno’s old enclosure.

Bruno was a GORGEOUS Sumatra Tiger who absolutely adored me. He would trot over to the fence the second he saw me, chuffing out the friendly tiger greeting and sometimes a happy tiger groan/moan to just for me. I didn’t realize how much I missed him until I started writing this and found myself blinking back tears. I need to find my photos of him and do a page in my art journal in his honor. I think I’ll do the same for Wolfgang as well.

Rest in peace, Wolfgang.
49584226_10156055864796589_3269908101666439168_n

No comments:

Post a Comment