Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Revving Up

Photo 277/1001

0277

This is my photo for Week 1 of the 52 Week Photography Challenge. Why yes, yes I have signed up for ANOTHER challenge because clearly I am just made of free time. ::laughs::

Prompt for Week 1: Take a picture that tells us who you are, without actually showing your face.
There are so many layers to this photo that not even I consciously comprehend them all. ::chuckles:: Which is me, at my core.

So yeah, today was Day One of the Yoga Challenge. Holy crap, it kicked my butt. I am not a flexible person on the best of days. And these days, I am a bit heavier than I would like, which mucks up my knees more than I care to admit. Plus the cold weather does not help. ::chuckles:: BUT, regardless of all of that, I still did do 90% of the video. There were two poses that I just could not do in that moment (after everything else I had done up to the point). But honestly, at the end of the 50 minutes, I kind of wanted to do it again later on in the day, just to see if I could do them all. Did not do that, as I still have 29 more days to go. But this is something I could see myself going back through and doing again and again until I have the poses, the breathing, and the flow down better. I am tempted to keep a yoga journal specifically for this 30-day challenge, and just take a few minutes after each daily session to write about how I felt. Because, clearly I am not already doing more than enough stuff. Zero clue if I will actually do that or not.

I got in my “greens” today with a salad of baby spinach leaves. I GREATLY prefer baby spinach over standard lettuce. Which I need to remember that, because honestly, it is rather tasty. And I should be eating more of that than say, Cheetos. ::laughs:: And if I am seriously going to do the Vision Quest in August, then I need to clean up my eating before then. I need to start cutting out the caffeine NOW…because that is going to be a bitch kick. ::chuckles:: And then a few months out from the Quest, I will need to phase out all meat and dairy. It makes the fasting “easier” on your body.

Speaking of the Vision Quest, I do need to start setting aside the money for it. AND I need to start gathering up the items required for it as well. Remembering from my first one I will need to make a prayer staff, an altar cloth (there are specifics for it), and something for my Give Away at the end. Plus, I need to get my hands on a tent. Man, so much to do before then. Maybe I have taken on too much this year? But holy hell, what a year it will be when I accomplish it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment