Friday, January 25, 2019

A Good Friday

Photo 300/1001

300

An awesome Imbolc card from Paper – a blogging buddy.

The kiddos were happy to have me back today at the after school program. I did get some seriously shitty news – Liam, one of my absolute FAVORITE students, is withdrawing from the program. January 31st is his last day. I am seriously bummed about that, but am enjoying him while we still have him.

I actually started making serious headway on the “Care and Feeding of <name of the elementary school we are based at> Program“ today. Jess told me that yesterday there were some minor issues with how things are run and whatnot. So much of it is just in my head that when I’m not there, they aren’t 100% sure about it. So I’ve started writing down notes today about various things, starting with the things they had some issues with.

I also broke up the kids as evenly as I could among the staff. Monday, I will give each staff member their list and tell them that for February/Valentine’s Day, I would like for them to write 1 thing they really like about each of the students on their list. We’ll write these on hearts that I’ll punch out of construction paper. We’ll hang them up on the windows and on Valentine’s Day the kids will be allowed to take their heart home. I’m doing one for Liam that I’ll give him on his last day with us.

I plan to write out the directions for the heart thing and will put into the Care & Feeding book, along with any other “traditions” we do. Such as bats for October/Halloween. Footballs for Superbowl time. And information on where I get the Chinese New Year mural we do each year (which, I need to buy this year’s mural soon). My goal is to have it all written up, printed out on nice paper, and in a binder by the end of the school year. Wish me luck on that! ::laughs::

I got a KICK ASS idea while I was writing my letter to Wendy about a possible Practicum goal. I would LOVE to put together a Postcrossing meet up, a LetterMo meet up, a pen pal meet up, and/or a journaling meet up at the library. I mean, how awesome would it be to bring together people who enjoy that as well like 3 or 4 times a year? Well, the LetterMo one would happen in just February most likely, but the others could be more often. So I’m thinking one of my Practicum goals is to learn about the ins and outs on how to plan, market, and implement community enrichment programs. Maybe, if I’m feeling confident enough, I may actually do a Postcrossing meet up at the F. Library towards the end of my Practicum. So one goal down, just need 2 more! ::chuckles:: So yeah, I’ll need to let my Practicum Supervisor know of my interest in learning about how they put together the various programs they do, because they do a LOT of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment