Monday, January 7, 2019

Dueling Chainsaws

Photo 282/1001

0282

A nice note I found on the roll sheet from the last day before winter break.

Well my day started off super shitty. Someone in the neighborhood was having a tree removed…at fucking 8 am. Which is bad enough normally…but this morning I woke up with a migraine. So dueling chainsaws at 8 am with a raging migraine…yeah, unpleasant does not even begin to scratch the surface of what I was going through.

Yoga was a bitter disappointment today. Not even going to try to sugar coat that. But I learned a valuable lesson. Do NOT attempt to do yoga if you have just gotten a migraine to subside. The strain and movement made the migraine flair back up. I did not make it through the whole thing. But like Adriene stresses, I am striving towards PROGRESS, not Perfection.

I did finally sit down today and figured out the days and times that I can do my Practicum hours at the F. Library. I do not have to miss too many days of work (which will be nice on my paychecks). I have gone ahead and emailed my Practicum Supervisor at the Library to tell her the dates and times that work for me for January. All that is left is for Practicum Supervisor to approve them, and we can get this party started. As long as she approves all of my dates and times, I will be done with my Practicum hours by the end of March. That would be so nice.

Our new aide, Christina, started today and I really like her. She has worked the after school program before, at another campus, about 3 years ago. So she knows a lot of the basics already, which is really nice. Now I just need to bring her up to speed on things and I think she will do quite well. Honestly, I am even thinking of training her to be the 2nd in command for when Jess and I both leave…hopefully at the end of this semester. She was really keen to learn about the new electronic sign in/out we have for the students. But alas, our internet and phone went OUT right about the time she was asking about it, so I wasn’t able to show her anything. But hey, if she’s wanting to learn, I am more than willing to teach her and then let her take on that role.

My cinnamon sticks and cinnamon oil arrived today. Hopefully now I can get to work on making some protective charms for the house. I got the idea from the Inked Goddess Creations’ Witchy Advent they did this year. I am hoping to be able to snag one of those this year. This year, they are taking pre-orders, so I should be able to get one. Anyways, there was a simple little charm they had for one of the days that is to protect your house. So I bought the necessary items and will be making my own version of it. Hopefully I can get it made this weekend. That way I can bless and charge it each day leading up to the Full Wolf Moon. Perfect full moon for charms for protecting one’s pack and den. I am rather excited to do my first Witch crafting of the year with this charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment