Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Appeasing the New Year gods

Photo 276/1001

0276a

Starting the New Year off right. Started the morning off with the Cinnamon roll crescents recipe I tried out a while back.

0276b

Next up is the Black-eyed pea “Cajun Caviar”. Not pictured is the bacon I also cooked and ate, which takes care of the black-eyed peas and pork. I will eat the cornbread and greens tomorrow and the Southern New Year gods shall be appeased, and hopefully bless 2019. We also made sure to have a coin (gold dollar in this case) in each of our wallets for the New Year. It is a Hoodoo charm to ensure your wallet will always have money in it throughout the year. ::smiles::

Unfortunately, my road trip to Louisiana has been cancelled. Apparently Wednesday and Thursday, we are supposed to get sleet, ice, and possibly snow. Of course Texas would do that on the ONLY two days of my entire Winter Break that I had some traveling planned. ::sighs:: I am seriously bummed. Though, luckily, the Hubs set up last week so that he could work from home those two days. So at least I do not have to worry about him being out on the road with us crazy Texas drivers. And hopefully, he will not be as stressed out either. Because, let me tell you, Texas drivers believe that they can still do 70 miles per hour – ice or no ice. ::chuckles::

I have been wanting to try out Yoga for years now, but it just never worked out for me. A member posted a link in one of the FB groups – a YouTube channel is doing a 30-day yoga challenge. So I figured, what the hell? It is free. Plus, I have a whole week with no obligations so I can hopefully get into the routine of doing it and can keep it going through the rest of the month.

Besides, I am spending way too much time with my ass planted in this computer chair. My sciatica is acting up again. ::sighs:: So yeah, definitely need to incorporate more movement into my current routine.

Normally, this is where I would write about my Word of Focus for 2019 and my Totem for 2019. I have them sorted. I just have not quite crystalized my thoughts on both. So, I will get my thoughts sorted and then write about them both at a later date.

I am working in my journal, as I have a journal swap I am hosting. Figured it is a good way to start off the new year. ::smiles:: And it is all new faces for the swap – Dorene, Ali, and Sharmila. I have swapped personally with Sharmila before, but this is the first time she is getting to participate in a Round Robin. With her being overseas, it will draw out the swap due to mailing the journals to her, but hey, it gives us extra time to work in the journals. Plus, since I am the one mailing to Sharmila, it helps to space out the shipping costs. ::chuckles:: I am excited to get this swap started and to have new people working in my journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment