Saturday, January 19, 2019

Words and Totems

Photo 294/1001

0294

Two shirts and the cardigan I bought today for my Practicum hours at the F. Library. Not pictured are the two pairs of slacks I also got. All for $150. Not too shabby. Kohls was having a sale, so I was able to buy one, get one half off on the pants and the shirts. Would have been nice to find a second cardigan I liked to also get it half off, but I think I did enough damage for one day. I had hoped to get some different colors other than my standard dark scale I tend to stick to, but they didn’t have any in my size that I liked. Oh well, I can slowly add things to my wardrobe over this coming semester, now that I have a maker I like and know what size I need.

To be honest, I was seriously dreading this shopping trip. I absolutely loathe shopping for clothes. But yesterday, I got to thinking, I should work on manifesting GOOD things instead of focusing on what I was dreading. So every time I thought about shopping for clothes, I repeated to myself that I was going to find the clothes I needed and liked for my Library job. And honestly, it really helped me.

So I guess it’s time for me to get around to talking about my Focus Word and Totem for the year. ::chuckles:: We’re only 19 days into the year. Better late than never.

So let’s start with the totem – Shark. I was thinking maybe a wolf again, or an exotic cat of some sort. And then one night, right as I was about to fall asleep, BAM! It hit me. Shark. Shark was to be my totem for the year. And once I got to looking into its totem qualities, it all snapped into focus. Shark is all about forward movement; owning your personal power to get shit done; and going at your own pace for proper learning. A damn good totem for the year that I will be completing my degree and looking for new employment.

And the Focus Word for 2019 is Forward. I was kicking around the idea of Shift or Change, to embody the upcoming changes this year has in store for me. But much like how Shark just hit me out of nowhere, so did the word Forward. And it syncs up so beautifully with Shark. Shark lacks a swim bladder, so most species have to constantly be moving in order to live/breathe. Forward movement always, not matter how small, is still forward movement.

I still want to get one of Brigid’s Grove goddesses with my focus word. Maybe she’ll even have a shark charm I can add to the goddess doll. Not sure what color I would choose. Maybe a silver, gray, or blue. Or if I could get a custom goddess, I could get a mix of silver and blue…like the sharks themselves. We will just have to wait and see. And if I can’t get one, that’s fine. It would just be nice if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment