Friday, January 4, 2019

Fabulous Friday

Photo 279/1001

0279

Cletus, the local mockingbird, was out singing quietly today. I think he was just as happy as we were that the sun was shining and we were back up in the high 50s after two days of low 30s and constant rain. The yard is still squishy when you walk through it. ::shakes her head::

I got the MOST AMAZING surprise goody box today from Brandy (my Canadian twin, that sadly I was unable to go visit while she was down in Louisiana due to the aforementioned days of low 30s and CONSTANT rain):

20190104_173421

I laughed out loud when I saw she had packed two of the Flying Cauldron drinks for me. She had posted on Facebook about trying them and I mentioned that they sounded good. Would have been better to try it out with her, but this is a close second. And the wolf chalice in the center? That’s a gift her mom picked out for me and then enclosed a lovely note about how she had hoped to give it to me in person, but that she hopes I love it all the same. And what’s extra awesome is that it has a wolf on all four sizes. And it’s the perfect size for my altar. I was looking at cups and whatnot today, as I want to start making daily offerings to my Ancestors, but nothing even remotely felt right. I guess it’s because THIS was on its way to me! ::smiles::

So Yoga today was INTENSE. Holy crap, I have like no strength based off of the moves Adriene was pulling off left and right, and I was struggling like hell with. But it’s just motivating me MORE to stick with it. because I WANT that strength. I WANT that body movement. I WANT that body confidence. So yeah, I can totally see myself keeping this up even after the 30-day challenge ends. If nothing else, I plan to redo this challenge a couple of times until I have the various poses and flows down fairly well.

Then because I felt so good and the weather was so nice (FINALLY), I decided to take Josey pup for a walk. She loved it and I enjoyed being outside, but I’m not sure my hips and knee agree that it was a good idea. I am pretty stiff this evening. And my bad knee was seriously aching earlier. I swear I sound like a friggin’ old lady. Oh my hips. Oh my knee! Oh well, onwards to progress!

Just sharing a cute photo of Josey laying down with me while I read a bit today:

20190104_162615

I got in a nice shower, complete with some pampering body scrub. Then I did a nice charcoal peel off mask and actually painted my toenails. Then I tossed that nail polish because it’s complete shit. ::sighs::

I am making it a point to get rid of things that don’t make me happy any more or serve a purpose of some sort. I cleaned out my “nest” (thanks Fwing – my maternal grandmother – for that awesome name for the collection of stuff around your main chair) yesterday. I tossed four boxes of stuff to be recycled. I have a trash bag full of stuff to throw away. I found 5 journals and 7 spiral notebooks. ::shakes her head:: So yeah, I just need to do the rest of my belongings the same way. I’m sure I can get rid of a good third of the crap I’m holding onto for bullshit reasons…or simply because I forgot I had it.

I seriously need to do that with my wardrobe. And then I need to replenish it with stuff that actually fits me AND makes me feel good. Clothing like that DOES exist. I just need to get out there and find it and purchase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment