Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Practicum

Photo 298/1001

0298

Ah, this book brings back some serious memories. I bought this book for Wendy (pen pal) and it finally arrived. Now I need to reply to her letter so I can mail it all out together.

Today was my first day at the F. Library. I was so nervous last night, but used the same self-empowering talk I used when I had to go clothes shopping. Every fear my anxiety threw up in my face, I acknowledged where the fear was coming from and then talked myself through it on how it would actually be ok. I did that while I was taking a shower and visualized myself washing all the fear (and the crappiness of the day) off, so that I had a good clean slate to start with.

Today I pretty much shadowed Courtney and I just love her. She gave me the tour of the children’s level. I did sit in on the infants’ story time, which I was seriously apprehensive about, but it turned out to be pretty cool honestly. But yeah, not my cup of tea. I was happy to escape back to Courtney. She gave me a tour of the Teens area, which is pretty cool. And then we went down to the first level and she introduced me to the Adult Services team. John gave me the tour of that area, showing me the laser cutter, 3-D printers, and the book maker machine.

Tomorrow I have orientation with Jennifer (my Practicum Supervisor). I got to see her a little bit today as I was leaving, and I mentioned that I have to come up with learning objectives for my Practicum class. She’s apparently an old pro at this so she said she would totally help me out with those as well. So hopefully I can get those squared away tomorrow and go ahead and submit that assignment early.

I need to get to reading for my Collections class. I’ve got one chapter done. Just two more to go and then I can start on that assignment.

And then this weekend I’m headed to my lil Hometown as they are doing a Falconry Expo that’s free to the public. I’m going to hopefully get some nice photos. I need a photography day.

I realized earlier today that I still have Wal-Mart gift cards from Christmas. The tent won’t cost me a dime. And I’ll have enough money left over on the gift cards that I can also get an inflatable mattress if I want it. I am so excited at this possibility. Originally I was saving the gift cards for work clothes, but since I got those as Kohls instead, I have these gifts cards just hanging out. Jess (one of my aides) does a lot a camping, so I asked about camping spots around here. She was able to give me a number of recommendations. So once I get the tent and the weather gets a bit warmer, I’m taking my punk ass camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment