Sunday, January 20, 2019

Full Wolf Moon

Photo 295/1001

0295

My altar for the Full Wolf Moon (which is also a Super moon AND a full lunar eclipse). All sorts of awesome power in the air tonight. I’ll pop outside from time to time tonight to watch the eclipse as it unfolds tonight. Wish the weather was nicer so I could just have a small fire in the fire pit, and just bask in the glow.

Before all of that, I cleaned my altar. I took everything off of it and wiped it down with the storm water I have. And then I anointed it with the Sage Goddess Anointing oil I have. I seriously have to figure out her recipe for it, because it just smells amazing. I wish she was still selling it. Luckily, I still have plenty, so it will be a while before I start getting desperate.

Which, Tara L. has shared two sites on making magic oils in the Hearth group. I grabbed one of my little notebooks and started jotting down which oils sounded intriguing. Now, I just need to slowly get some more oils to add to my collection and I can start making my own. But first things first, I need to get the items together to make another back of the Red Fast Luck Oil.

Tomorrow is my first day at the F. Library. I’m excited. I’m planning to wear the black top, the gray pants, and a leather coat. Not sure if I’ll take the cardigan or not. Tomorrow is more of a test run for me, so I can see how cold they keep it in the library. Jennifer (my Practicum Supervisor) said that tomorrow will mostly be orientation stuff for me. Once I get through all of that, then I’ll move on to shadowing story time. I’m not exactly looking forward to that, as I already spend more than enough time with kiddos at my job. But hey, I have to get the hours, and this is what Jennifer has me doing in those hours. This is what I’ve got to do to graduate, so let’s get to it. ::chuckles:: And who knows? I might just actually enjoy myself.

I didn’t do the yoga today. Just too many things on my plate and I squandered a lot of the time away. But I got my room vacuumed, the sheets changed, Leviathan fed, and a pen pal letter written. Oh, and a shower and a ritual. So all in all, I am still calling today a good win. I’ll do the yoga tomorrow, probably after I get back from the Library gig. I will need to figure out my Practicum goals before I go, so I can talk them over with Jennifer before submitting them to my professor. That’s due Friday.

I am beginning to suspect I’m slowly becoming a secular Pagan…meaning, I don’t worship deities. I dunno. I just feel so disconnected from all the deities I’ve worked with in the past. Even Sekhmet, who’s been so dominant in my life for the past 22 years seems…faded. Like I’m hearing Her through fog. My Spirit Wolf is the only thing I feel connected to. And the Moon. I’ll always love the Moon. But I don’t feel Her like I used to either.

I need to go through my old journals. I know I’ve hit this point before. I remember it was when I was with my Psycho-Ex, and Sekhmet ended up sending me to Tatanka (Lakota for buffalo/bison) to learn more about Native spirituality. I got rid of all my Pagan things. My athame, all my books, my altar pentacle that I made, pentacle necklace, EVERYTHING Pagan and focused solely on Native spirituality. It was a good time for me if I am being honest. I did my first sweat lodge and first Pow Wow. I still have the dance shawls. I wonder if I could get in touch with Buckskin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment