Saturday, February 2, 2019

Invited to Lunch

written:  January 31

Photo 306/1001

0306

A very cool gift from Sorrow (a pen pal). She included it in today’s letter, saying that she had some fabric laying around and decided to make this for me. She even made sure to put a “feather” on it for me. ::smiles:: It’s a table runner, but I think it will be a good altar cloth.

Library was beyond boring today. I did an hour-and-a-half of weeding and then watched one of the story times that I’ve already seen. ::sighs:: At least it was performed by a different librarian, so there was some change. But seriously, boring, boring, boring. But hey, I’ll take boring as long as it gets me the hours I need for my Practicum.

But one cool thing that happened today – the Children’s Librarian, Courtney, that I spent most of my first day with, invited me out to lunch. Sucks that I had to turn her down because I already have to do a mad dash to get home in time to eat lunch and make it to the after school program on time. And, I was genuinely bummed that I wasn’t able to go to lunch with her. I really like Courtney and enjoy any time I work with her. I want her level of confidence in her job. It’s a quiet, steady, no frills, no flashy look-at-me, level of just confidence. She knows her library. She knows her job. And she’s good at it. I hope to be like that in a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment