Saturday, January 12, 2019

Crafting and Piggies

Photo 287/1001

0287

Just a bit of witch crafting. Not sure if I’m happy just yet with how it looks. I may end up doing some more tweaking. I’ve already redone it a few times. ::laughs:: It’s a simple protection charm for one’s home.

Brother got one of the big boars we have out on our land, just not the Big Cajones one. ::laughs::

IMG_3082

But this one is damn respectable all the same. I mean, look at those fucking tusks!

IMG_3083

For reference, my brother is like 6 foot 2 or so. And the hog is about 200+ pounds.

He text me this photos earlier this evening and I mentioned that at some point I would love to go pig hunting with him. He’s said the next time we are both in Hometown, he’s game. Woohoo! No clue when that will be, but we’ll see how this year pans out in the end.

Feeling a bit restless again. I’m sure it’s due to the weather (cold and a bit rainy) and I’m feeling a bit of cabin fever over it. I need to go spend the day at the zoo and just do some photography. I need to go see my Harpy eagles and hopefully the Red wolves and of course, all the serpents. I need to talk to them again as well.

Yoga today was so damn challenging. Some of the poses she did I just outright laughed at. I’m too fat and uncoordinated to so many that she did today, but I did what I could and that’s all that matters. My plan is to eventually get to the point where I CAN do those poses. But today is NOT that day. ::laughs:: Maybe if I do this series of 30 days over and over for the rest of the year, I’ll be able to do most of them by the end of 2019. We’re gonna see! ::laughs:: That’s what I’m striving towards.

So while looking for some good beginning Witchcraft/Wicca videos for some newbies, I came across a video by The Witch of Wanderlust (Beginning Your Path in Your Craft II Witchcraft 101) in which she was talking about her own practice. She mentioned using kitchen tiles in her practice. She has one that she’s written a sigil for empowering her spell work on. And anytime she does a spell, she does the working right on top of the tile or will at least have her candle on it burning. I simply love, love, LOVE this idea. So many ideas are pinging around in my lil witchy head over this and about all the ways I could utilize this in my own practice. Hell, I even want to make a few out of wood with the laser engraver at the F. Library. Those, I could make up a few and mail them out to some witchy buddies. How awesome could that be? Could make some for good health, prosperity, love, protection, you name it. To activate and charge the sigil, all you would have to do is trace it with your finger, or light a candle on top of it. That’s the beauty of sigil work – so flippin’ easy to use.

I have a feeling once I figure out how to use all the cool toys at the F. Library and my local Library, I will be crafting my ass off in whatever spare time I can find. I seriously can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment