Sunday, January 13, 2019

Mulling Over Things

Photo 288/1001

0288

Just a few new Starbucks cards I’m adding to my collection. I really need to sit down and photograph my entire collect at some point. I have two business card organizers full now of Starbucks cards. I need to order another organizer for this new set (once David gets the balances transferred over to his main card). I’m still hunting for a 2019 Starbucks card – that’s what I originally went in to get, but saw they had all these Valentine’s Day ones out already (but no 2019 card). ::laughs::

Today was a complete and utter lazy day. I was going to say a bust, but honestly, some days you just need a lazy day to rest and recoup and get ready for the upcoming week. I’m trying to do better about beating myself up over things – trying to reframe my way of thinking to better reflect myself.

Honestly, I’m thinking of letting go of my plans to do a Vision Quest this summer. I honestly, just have so many other irons in the fire at the moment. Instead, I’m setting the goal for next summer. I’ll have all the craziness of school and graduation out of the way. I’ll hopefully already be in a library position already by that point and have accrued paid time off. I think there will be less stress involved with being able to get so many things off my plate by that point. It also gives me not quite two years to get everything squared away for the Vision Quest. The altar cloth, the prayer stick, the give-away item – not to mention the tent and basic camping items. As much as it sucks to push it back, I do think it’s for the best. Though, if everything just comes together, I would totally do it this summer. ::chuckles:: I’m just taking the pressure off on HAVING to do it this summer.

Mom corrected me on the piggy photos I posted yesterday. That is indeed Big Cajones pig. Which, apparently, had to be shot 3 times before he finally gave up the ghost. My mom’s husband shot him a couple of weeks ago, but BC got away. And then my brother shot him Friday night and he got away, but came back Saturday, which is when my brother was able to finally put him down. Hell of a beast. And apparently you CAN eat the back strap out of these hogs. That stays tender. So ya learn a new thing every day. ::chuckles::

I’m feeling a bit lost at the moment. Which, normally is fine. I just wish it didn’t spur a desire to just BUY ALL THE THINGS in hopes that it makes me happy. ::chuckles:: Other than the Starbucks cards today and a surprise gift for a good friend, I have done really well not spending any money. But let me tell you, I have added a SHIT TON of things to my Amazon wish list and to my favorites in Etsy. ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment