Friday, August 31, 2018

A Damn Good Friday

Photo 153/1001

0153 <

The amazing goodie box that Annette sent me yesterday!
Raw selenite wand
Cute dragon hatchlings
Calligraphy script stone
Seal totem
THREE pieces of Chrysophrase
A BIG o’ bag of lavender buds
And what I’m guessing is Resin Incense?

I really want to do something nice to Annette. She’s sent me really nice goodie boxes in the past, but this one just blows them all out of the water. I’ll figure something out.

Work was a pretty damn good day – all of the kiddos were gone by 6:05 pm (we’re open until 6:30). I was able to stay until 6:30 and get caught up on paperwork and coloring sheets for the students. It was rather peaceful to be flying solo at the school for 20 minutes. I got so much accomplished with ZERO interruptions. It was amazing. ::chuckles::

I have the two assignments for my Diversity class done (due Tuesday). Yay me!
And I have two of the three assignments for the Storytelling class (due Sunday) completed. Yay me again! And man, lemme tell you. I HATE doing videos of myself. I had to do a test video (to make sure the image and sound quality work, along with ensuring I can upload videos) – nothing crazy difficult. Just a quick little intro. I did probably 100 takes on it before I finally settled on one. ::laughs:: But it is done and uploaded, so that’s off my To Do list. And I did my story re-write of a typical fable. I had to put my own spin on it. I’m not sure it’s of very good quality…but fuck it, it’s done. Now all that is left to do is my discussion essay (due Sunday) and then two responses to classmates’ posts (due Monday). Then I can get started on NEXT week’s assignments. Yay! ::grumbles:: Tell me again why the fuck I am doing this??? ::chuckles::

I found out my pay rate for this year – I got a 43 cent raise! Go me! ::laughs:: The school district gives percentage raises based on your pay and the pay of people in similar positions with similar background/experience. I’m in the top of my bracket, so my pay raise is always small. But hey, tiny pay raise is better than no pay raise! I’m just paid REALLY well….and that’s why I’m working so hard to get my degree done asap because I don’t want them to figure out they are paying me too much. ::chuckles:: Because, with what they pay me, they could almost afford THREE high school aides. ::chuckles:: But then again, none of them have my experience, background, or expertise…so you really are getting what you pay for here.

1 comment: