Thursday, August 16, 2018

Orientation

written: August 13

Photo 135/1001

0135

Honestly, I thought I had completely forgotten to take a photo today until I started looking through my camera roll and came across this one. It’s a shitty photo from a computer screen about a Medical Alert page I want to put in my Sub Binder at work. So, definitely not exciting, but definitely necessary at work.

Last day of the after school program Orientation. Tomorrow we get to finally go work on our campuses. We got our laptops today, so I drove over to the high school that’s close to our house so I could log onto our system and get my roll sheet. But there are definitely some errors on it. Two of the students on my roll sheet have moved out of the district….and then another EIGHT were 5th graders last year, and have moved on to middle school, and thus cannot be in my program. ::shakes her head:: There are always so many damn glitches the first week of school – I really should be used to this.

Today we actually got training on how to deal with students making a suicide outcry, engaging in self-injurious behavior (which is now called Non-Suicidal Self Injury, or NSSI for short), or threats of physical violence against another student. Seems Esmeralda (my boss) really took it to heart when I told her we desperately needed training on this and how to report child abuse/neglect! I’ll be sure to send her an email thanking her for putting this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment