Friday, August 31, 2018

Advocating

written: August 30

Photo 152/1001

0152

Our lovely crepe myrtle is having a massive growth spurt and blooming. I swear the week of rain we had a few weeks back has breathed new life into my plants. And with the amount of new growth coming in, we’ll have double the blossoms in a few weeks.

I had my meeting today with the Special Ed teachers about my new student Z. He’s a kindergartner but has some serious issues. And right now, he requires one-on-one supervision during the school year – he’s not even technically in a class at this point. He’s with a Special Ed teacher the entire day. So I contacted Esmeralda, letting her know, and again asking for another aide to help us out.
Esmeralda came out and we had a long talk about that particular student AND the other special needs students I have. I’m not sure what good it will do, but I have to advocate on the behalf of my students and my staff.

Annette sent me the most amazing goodie box today. But you’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see photos of it. ::smiles:: Needless to say, I now have plenty of lavender buds to make some lavender bath salts!

No comments:

Post a Comment