Thursday, August 2, 2018

Blessed Lammas/Lughnasadh

written: August 01

Photo 123/1001

0123

Blessed Lammas/Lughnasadh! I baked bread and made a copy-cat recipe of Johnny Carrino’s herbed olive oil dipping sauce for bread:

20180801_154604

Not too shabby, given that both recipes were brand-spanking new for me. I will certainly be tweaking them for the next go ‘round, but all in all, pretty successful.

No altar for Lammas, as the baking of bread is the core of my observation for this sabbat that celebrates the First Harvest. Two more harvest sabbats will occur later on in the year. And I completely forgot to go grab some wheat from the field by 5 Guys Burgers. Maybe for Mabon (Autumn Equinox), I’ll swing by and grab some then.

Spent the morning at the after school program main office working on the class I’ll present at our Orientation. It’s over documentation in our program (Injury, Behavior, and Incident reports), to help staff know how to fill these out properly. I’ve given it the past 3 or 4 years now? Hell, I can’t remember. So I really didn’t a whole LOT to do…but still managed to stretch it out to cover the full four hours I could use for planning there at the office. ::smiles:: And then I had the afternoon all to myself. Hence the bread and oil sauce making. I also mailed out packages to friends – some Sekhmet anointing oil to April and some of my Red Fast Luck Oil to Wendy. All in all, a damn good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment