Wednesday, August 1, 2018

July Full Moon

written: July 29

Photo 120/1001

20180729_142425

Blessed July full moon! This is the Full Buck/Thunder Moon. And I totally forgot to put the antlers on the altar. Oops! I really need to gather up all my altar photos and writes up from over the years and get them printed out and put into a binder. Then, as various Sabbats/Esbats/Holy Days roll around, I can thumb through the previous year(s) altars and get extra inspiration on how I’ll set up that year’s altar. Oh, and I can print out other altars that I find online that I like, and add them in as well, for even more inspiration.

Anyways, this Esbat centered around blessing my new witch’s journal and claiming my new Pagan name. I definitely plan to do an initiation ritual, but I’m leaning more towards doing that around my birthday (November) or when I do my Tabula Rasa ritual (usually late December). So for now, it was more of just acknowledging the new name and claiming it in front of Deity and Spirit.

I definitely want to declutter my room again and move some stuff around. My “art” table is a joke. I don’t think I’ve done anything artistic on it in well over a year. And it’s now become just a catch-all for EVERYTHING. I foresee some serious deep cleaning very, very soon. Honestly, I wouldn’t mind just getting rid of the table (it’s BIG) and possibly getting a smaller one and a nice comfortable chair.

Ok, so standard altar notes for myself (going left to right):

Sekhmet’s Candle
Sekhmet Statue (April’s vial of Sekhmet oil is at Sekhmet’s feet but you can barely see it)
Athame (wasn’t used)
White Full Moon Candle
Selenite sphere (symbolizes Full Moon)
New witch’s journal on top of wooden pentacle
Glass candle holder with Palo Santo wood
Wand (used to Cast Circle)
Black cast iron mini-skillet with Cone Incense (gift from an oil swap, so I have no idea what aroma is it) and a bigger piece of Pala Santo wood that I used to cleanse the area with
Sacred Feather
Piece of petrified palm wood (my grandmother’s) with Shadow Tea light (by SageGoddess; in honor of the Harpies) and my piece of Galaxite stone. My crystal ritual pendant rests on the petrified palm wood slab before I put it on to begin ritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment