Friday, August 24, 2018

PETA Warpath

written: August 23

Photo 145/1001

0145

And the crepe myrtle is blooming again. Guess it’s Spring #5 here in Texas? ::laughs:: Maybe I should go ahead and plant some lavender and see if I can get it to grow before Winter hits (in like mid-December).

MUCH better day at work. I’m doing better with delegating tasks to my staff so I’m not running myself completely ragged (and thus GRUMPY), trying to be Wonder Woman and do it all myself. Starting next week, each staff member has a day that they are responsible for ensuring that at the end of the program day, all of the tables have been properly wiped down, the floor has been swept, everything has been picked up and put away properly, AND that all the pencils are sharpened and ready to go for the next day. Hopefully this will help them take a bit more pride/responsibility in their jobs and do their part to help me out. ::smiles::

Tonight was the first night in over a week now, that I didn’t have excruciating knee pain when I got into bed. It even took me a while to figure out what was DIFFERENT when I got into bed. My sciatica nerve has been throwing one hell of a bitch fit this week and it’s really been screwing with my knee. I need to ask Nicky (originally an OD friend, but now a FB friend) what stretches she does to help combat the pain. I’ve made it a point to spend more time on my feet at work (both at the Tech Job and at the After School Job) than sitting down, and that seems to have made an improvement. But I want this pain GONE. It sucks so bad.

In other news, I am so fucking tired of PETA and the ASPCA sending me a crap-ton of mail that address me as a MAN. It’s always MR. (birth name). And I send it all back in their prepaid envelops, asking them to remove me from their mailing list and to point out that I’m FEMALE. Doesn’t change a damn thing. So I’m seriously tempted to gather together all of my furs, bones, leathers, and feathers and do a selfie buried under them. And to send THAT to them, saying that I’m NOT interested in their fucking spam. ::laughs::

And it’s not that I don’t support the humane treatment of animals or anything like that. I’m just tired of them sending me all this spam mail (I have NEVER donated to either group and have NEVER signed up for their mailings) and I really don’t enjoy being addressed as a man. I do not have dangly bits – never have, never will, zero desire to be male either. Though, it does make it easy to weed out the spam mail. 90% of the crap I never signed up for will address me as a Male. And that shit gets tossed into recycling asap OR sent back. I think from now on, if it addresses me as a Male, I’m just going to write “Return to Sender” on the mail and have it sent back, unopened.

No comments:

Post a Comment