Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Larvikite

written: July 30

Photo 121/1001

20180730_190605

My tumbled Larvikite arrived today! And look at that blue flash! Larvikite is swiftly becoming my all-time favorite stone. I am so glad I stumbled across it at the Gem Show last year and the Harpies demanded a strand of Larvikite beads. Which reminds me, I REALLY need to get to work on that damn necklace for them. ::laughs:: I honestly just new a few more items and I could easily make it. But, replica eagle claws aren’t exactly cheap…or at least the NICE looking replica claws aren’t. I could get some from the Oriental Trading Company for dirt-cheap, but they look like complete and utter crap. The ones I want are around $15 each, I think. And I need 2, possibly 4, for the necklace I have in mind. And then I also need some black beads, but I can get those fairly cheap on eBay. Then it’s just actually sitting down and making it. And then there’s the whole, what do I do with it after I make it? I envision hanging up the black shelf that’s just chillin’ in my closet and setting it up as a mini-altar just for the Harpies. And I could hang the necklace on the shelf.

And the whole reason I bought the Larvikite was so I could get the free Chalice perfume oil. I don’t yet how I feel about it. It has rose for sure, and I’m not always a huge fan of rose…but this one is almost ok. I don’t know. I’ll wear it a few times before I make my decision on it. And I got a sample of Master Healer, which I’m not a fan of at all. I’ll just toss it in with any future trades I do, just so I can get rid of it. ::chuckles::

No comments:

Post a Comment