Friday, August 3, 2018

Hermit

Photo 125/1001

0125

I saw this posted in the teacher workroom at the campus I was working deployment at today. It lays it out quite simply what to do should we suspect child abuse/neglect. So I plan to print it out and hang it up in our office so at least MY staff knows what are obligations are in this regard. I certainly am not holding my breath that the Bosses will train us. It’s been 4 years since the last training we’ve received and I’ve been bringing it up at every review I’ve had (two a year). Honestly, I would like to make copies for all the campuses and pass them out, but I’m not sure I need to rock the boat that much. Maybe I’ll wait into a month in, and mail them out via Intercampus mail to all the campuses. I don’t have to slap my name on it, but I can still get the info out.

In other news, I am in a FUCKED up head space today. When I’m doing deployment (trading out old equipment for new equipment), I typically don’t even look at the people I’m helping and I only pay attention to the first name just to verify I have the correct person. The last name is what I go off of. And today, I had a person come through with HIS last name – the same last name as the man who drugged and raped me. My heart froze for a second before I could look up at the person standing in front of me. Thank god it wasn’t him. I have no idea how I would have reacted. I would have left for sure. There’s no way I could have stayed there. But it was horrible enough just to have his last name pop back up. It’s been, what? 12? 13 years, since that happened? And god, it just caught me out of left field.

So yeah….I’m going to hermit for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment