Saturday, November 30, 2019

Turkey Day

written: November 28

Photo 607/1001

0607

Mom showed me a postcard I sent to my grandmother during the Month of Letters back in 2015.

I seriously miss my grandmother. I wish the weather had been better on the drive in, so I could have stopped off at the cemetery and paid my respects to her and my grandfather.

Turkey Day was lovely with the family. David stayed home to man the fort here.

Family in attendance:
Me
Mom and Robert
Brother, Sis-in-Law, Lil Nephew, and Lil Niece
Wade (cousin)
Jake (uncle)
Kala (cousin), Jaden, and Kaitlyn (her children)
Jacob (cousin)

All in all, a great day. I got to love on Dudley, my mom’s adorable pug. Seriously, I just LOVE him and would steal him in a heart-beat if I could. ::chuckles::

Other than that, it was mostly just hanging out with Wade. He was the cousin that I was ALWAYS getting in trouble with when we were growing up. ::laughs::

I drove through my Grandmother’s little town on the way in. I was hoping it would still be foggy and I could get an awesome photo on the Old Bridge. But alas, the fog had burned off by that point. But driving through that tiny town really made me wistful. That town was a major part of my childhood and I have a thousand and one amazing memories running wild out there. But now? There’s no way I would be safe enough to run wild out there. So much is falling down there, and the druggies love it because it’s 18 miles from the nearest town. ::shakes her head:: Very disheartening. But it definitely makes me deeply grateful for the awesomeness it was while I was growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment