Sunday, November 24, 2019

It's Ok

written: November 19

Photo 598/1001

0598

The holly shrubs at the front of the house are beginning to get into the Christmas spirit.

I will need to cut some sprigs from it and dry them out. These, we will burn around Yule, to burn away all the troubles from the past year. I should probably also begin looking for a log to make into a Yule log. Since we have the outdoor fire pit, I definitely want to use it.

I typed up my letter to the parents today, explaining the upcoming changes in the after school program. I’ll have those ready to go tomorrow. It’s finally beginning to sink in that Friday is my last day. I’m beginning to panic over all the things I wanted to do before my final day. I almost wish I could have one more week, just to wrap everything up. But I know I would just keep wishing for another week and another week. I’ve done what I can and I am damn proud of this program and all the kiddos and staff I’ve had the pleasure of working with over the past 12 years. It’s ok for me to let it go now. It will still be sad, but it’s ok for me to let it go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment