Monday, November 18, 2019

Decision Made

written: November 15

Photo 594/1001

0594

Timmy the Witch Toad, watching over me. He got moved from his perch on the bookshelf due to the botched window fiasco yesterday, and is just chilling over here with me now until we actually GET the windows done.

I got a call bright and early today (at 8 am, thanks!) from the F.M. Library, wanting to set up an interview. ::laughs:: Since none of my current offers are set in stone just yet, I decided to take their latest offered interview just in case.

F.B. Library has already sent me the paperwork to fill out to start working, along with the pay, the hours, and what day they expect my first day of work to be. I haven’t heard anything back from the Da. Library. And NOTHING what-so-ever from the Co. Library. Local Library Friends have hinted around that the Da. Library isn’t a great place to work, but it offers more job opportunities. The F.B. Library is apparently AMAZING, but very limited in job opportunities and pay is a bit lower. And honestly, I don’t want to spend 40+ minutes one way to work (depending on traffic, it could be up to 2 hours to get there). And I seriously LOVE the F.B. Library. Its location is great. All the people I’ve met via my two different interviews seem AWESOME. Really, it’s just the pay that is making me a bit hesitant.

Though, like David said…at this point, even a lateral move gets me in the door to this career field. I know I can make it on this pay (it will be a bit higher than what I’m currently making, but not by a ton), so I can do this for a year. Plus, the hours are nice and I have Sundays off…so I don’t have to give up the Coven.

And after talking to my Mom who pointed out SO MANY things I was overlooking (i.e., that I don’t handle new stress very well, I don’t handle changes very well, and that my mental state has been pretty fragile this entire year – though, she said it very nicely and gently and in a round-about away that was awesome), I am going with the F.B. Library. Other than the pay, it just seems tailor made for me. And seriously, it’s an AMAZING little library.

So now, I get to write and turn in my letter of resignation to the after school program. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment